Mother's day!

Today is mother's day! According to me, Everyday is a special mother's day and parents should be celebrated in everyday of our lives. I am sure everyone should have felt the warmth and love of their mother everyday in their lives. That selfless love and affection when you get sick, those caring words when are you down, mouth watering food when you are hungry, her sleepless nights when you were young as a baby - the list goes on..

I am blessed to have a wonderful amma who has been my role model in my life, in my parenting journey, in everything. I still remember her getting up early in the morning just to make me coffee when I used to study for my higher school exams. She has made us mouth watering dishes and I owe my cooking knowledge absolutely to her. 

Sometimes, we do not understand the value of our close ones unless we go farther from them. Only when I became a mom, I did realize how much my mother would have sacrificed for myself and my sister. This day might be the day where you would want to surprise your mothers with flowers, candies, beautiful words, take her out for dinner or lunch, give her a gift, etc. But spend a minute and feel those years you spent with your mom and you should definitely feel loved. This should be the day where you understand her and sincerely be thankful for all her time spent for you. After all, she can be THE person you always want to turn up to when you are in dire situation.

If you are near her, give her a big hug and kiss her.
If you are far away, give her a call and speak to her.
If she is with god, make a wish and she will definitely be hearing you.

Happy mother's day to the beautiful woman in my life - My amma. May god bless you and keep you healthy and happy as always! 

For all the other lovely mothers/expecting mothers, Happy mother's day and enjoy the motherhood. You are becoming a better person everyday because of that little bundle of joy!

Comments

Popular Spicy Odyssey's