Mehendified!!

Mehendi - this would be an obsession for me if I was in India. I love to draw those patterns whenever I get the best opportunity. I feel the usual shape of your hand gets more vibrant and colorful when it has the mehendi in it. The bright red/maroon color, design intricacies and the henna smell elevates the mind and gets you into a festive mood. After all, we can get a bit dressed up for any special function!

This was my first post on Mehendi in this blog. You can check out this simple design which can be put anytime.

During my recent trip to India, I had this opportunity to draw some mehendi for my family members. Love is when you share what you got. So, I went on to decorate their hands with Mehendi designs. 

One of them was more of a bridal design where I put the design to 3/4th of my co-sister's hand for her baby shower. This was the first time as I tried to do a full hand (or you can read it as 3/4th hand) design. I was a bit nervous but once I got the flow, I knew what I was doing and thoughts were free flowing. The end result was fabulous and I really loved the color on the hands. 

Right below is the end result for the full hand Mehendi design for both the hands. Since this is my first time for full hand design, I am pretty happy with the output! (some self happiness and confidence boost!) I love that bright color, what do you say?

Tip: The mehendi cone which you choose needs to be a recent dated one so that the color is bright and stays on for some time.


Thanks for reading by and checking the photos. Waiting to try some new recipes in my kitchen. If that's successful, I shall share it with you guys! Have a great weekend and enjoy with your friends and family! :)

Comments

Popular Spicy Odyssey's