Hey, what's your favourite food?


Can we give this question the award for 'The most difficult question' to answer? 


Well, thinking again, 'Do you remember me?' which we usually hear in any Indian wedding by some distant relative (whom we would have seen when we were 7 years old) would give this question a tough competition. But, any food enthusiast will definitely understand how much it takes to answer this question. Why do I have to squeeze my grey matter? 

I’m sure you all have crossed that question once. Please teach me how do you answer that, especially when you have the below list coming up in your head when I think of this question.

Moore Kuzhambu (yogurt based South Indian gravy)
Paruppu Urundai Kuzhambu (Lentil balls served in a Tangy gravy)
Lemon Rasam
Tomato Basil Penne Pasta
Vegetable Briyani 
Kadhai Panner
Idiyappam with vadacurry (Steamed string hopper with lentil based masala) 
Thai Green Curry
Curry Mee
Burrito bowl with extra Guacamole

This is so difficult! I'm sure there will be second thoughts when I order them next time if I had chosen one of them. 

As a person who thinks food helps us to cure like a medicine as much as it provides the euphoria when you savour it, choosing the favourite food to have depends on what I want to consume that day! 

Can I skip the question, please?

This gets tricky especially if you have recovered from flu or had your pregnancy cravings. Oh! The list changes for every pregnancy. This also depends on what frame of mind I'm in that day/time. 

So, here are my suggestions:

1. Ask them what's their favourite cuisine - Much easier to narrow down and point at one. 
2. Give them the liberty to chose more than 2, even 5 or 10 recipes. :) I know - but food is love!
3. If they start thinking giving you that cheeky smile, skip the question!

Have you faced this question? What are your thoughts on this?

Comments

Popular Spicy Odyssey's