Thank you July! | #Gratitudejournal

August is here and July just went by; here I am writing my first ever 'Gratitude post' in my blog. July, indeed, started on a high note; I was able to participate and finish the Blogging Challenge 'Write Tribe Festival of Words' by the first of July.

  • My blog turned 5 years old!
My dear blog just turned 5 years old. It took me a few rehearsals of counting the years to come in line with the truth that my blog really turned 5. Started in July 2013, I can see how far I have come till this date. I could go back and look at the initial posts and how much things have matured - let it be in terms of writing, photographs, cooking methods, thinking about how to showcase the content, sharing your posts, reading and navigating to other blogs and what not! I'm grateful to have a place for myself and to be able to share what I want to share. Thank you 'The Spicy Odyssey'!

  • Travel - Visiting India.
Visiting India is always special as it is where the heart is! I'm always grateful that I don't have to travel such a long distance to come back to my hometown. It feels so good every time when you see the Chennai airport and the Marina Beach from the airplane; just to tell your child that you are nearing Chennai and to look at the second longest beach. This fondly brings back memories of my childhood whenever we return back home after a holiday or after my semester break - the feeling you get when you enter 'Chennai Central' railway station is special and magical. I'm thankful that I'm able to spend some time with my near ones and be able to see them in person; together throw in some home cooked food from my mother, bonding time with the children, some shopping in India.

  • I had my holiday and break.
Yes, the appreciation for holidays and breaks never ends! Holidays are needed to get back that enthusiasm and energy into our otherwise normal lives. I'm so happy to be able to have a break from the usual routine - no need of meal preparation for the school nor do I have to hit the bed early; no need to worry about the traffic nor about evening dinner. Thank you, my annual leaves!

Appreciate the time you gave, July! Till I see you for August, good bye!

This post is for the July 2018 Gratitude Circle Blog hop hosted by Vidya Sury.


Comments

Popular Spicy Odyssey's