Chikku Milk shake (Sapota Milk shake)

Chikku Milkshake - my immediate reaction would be 'yummy'. It has such a rich taste and smell that I can have it anytime and anywhere! Today's post is going to be about this wonderful shake!

Sapotta (Chikku or Sapodilla) used to be one of my favorite fruits during my childhood. My mother used to buy sapotta very often when she came from her office. After my delivery, one of the doctors recommended this fruit to be taken as she claimed it to have be very good source of Iron.

This was one of the most taken drink whenever I went outside for any juice shop. Recently, I purchased this fruit on one of my shopping visits and decided to make a milkshake out of it. Here we go with the most simple recipe for making this:

Ingredients needed:
Sapota - 3 nos
Milk - 1.5 cup (I took one and a half size of the glass seen in the photo)
Sugar - required quantity (may be one tbsp)

Method:
1. Boil milk and let it cool. You may keep it in the fridge for some time to make it cold.
2. Remove the skin of the sapotta and then remove the seeds inside. You may cut the sapotta to 4 -6 pieces.
3. Add the Sapotta, milk and sugar in a mixer and then give it a grind.
4. Your sapotta milk shake is ready. You may adjust the quantity of the sugar and can replace with honey if needed. Sapotta already has a very sweet taste, so you can keep the quantity of sugar less.

Here's a picture below:

Enjoy your drink!! Your family will love it.

Comments

Popular Spicy Odyssey's