Thai Pineapple Fried Rice

When was the last time you had the perfect combination of Spice, salt, sour and sweet taste? You will have one when you have a spoonful of this Thai Pineapple Fried rice! Everyone who had been  to Thailand would have definitely tried this Pine apple fried rice. It was in Thailand I first knew about this dish but never tried it there. However, the one I made is a vegetarian version so I would have skipped the fish sauce they use and instead used soya sauce. This may not be the most authentic version, but its just my version of doing this! 


























I just loved the color in this dish and it was so vibrant. I have used vegetables like green peas and carrots which provides a nice taste and also compliment with the color. This time I used some fragrant rice which is so ideal with Thai cooking as I have always seen their rice is so fragrant. This was one of the easy dish to make once you are done with the initial cutting and preparing phase. 

Servings: 3
Time to make: 40 minutes
Ingredients: 
Pineapple (cut into small pieces): 1 large cup
spring onion (chopped): 1/2 small cup
Carrots and peas: 3/4 small cup each
onion/shallots (chopped finely): 1
garlic (chopped finely): 3 cloves
cashews: 7 (chopped into half)
Almonds: 8 (chopped into half)
coriander leaves: as per taste
Cooked Rice: 2 large cups
curry powder: 1 tbsp
soya sauce: 2 tbsp
salt: as per taste
oil: 1 tbsp


How to do:
1. Dice all the vegetables and keep it ready along with the soya sauce and curry powder.
2. Heat the pan and add the oil. Add in the shallots and garlic. 
3. Next add the cashews and almonds, roast them nicely. You may add in the roasted cashews later once the rice is prepared as well if you want them to be more crunchy. 
4. Add the carrots and peas. Add some salt for taste.
5. At this stage, you may add in some vegetable stock or water (about 2 tbsp) in order to make the vegetables cook. But I dint add any since I closed the lid and made sure the steam cooked the vegetables. It took about 3-4 minutes for it to get 3/4th cooked.
6. Now, you may add in the pineapple and just stir fry for another 30 seconds.
7. Add the soya sauce and the curry powder. I have used one of the Indian ready made curry powders. 
8. Stir fry them for a minute and mix well. Make sure everything is mixed well.
9. Add in the cooked rice. Make sure there is no lumps until the rice is mixed well. Adjust the salt accordingly. Remove from heat once the rice starts making a popping sound.
10. Finally garnish with some spring onion and coriander leaves. Your Pineapple fried rice is ready to be served!


You may add some red chilies to the rice for more spiciness, I skipped this since the curry powder gave the enough spice for us. You may also use any kind of rice for preparing this. Just scoop out the rice in to a plate or you may present it in a carved Pineapple as shown below. Since I know how much I liked this one, I am sure I am going to make this often! Tastes heavenly!



Comments

Popular Spicy Odyssey's