Vegetarian Fried Noodles

My love for noodles is well known in my family. I can have noodles anytime anywhere. When I moved to KualaLumpur, I saw a lot of different forms of noodles like Curry noodles, Singapore noodles, noodles in soup, etc. I have not cooked noodles in India mainly because of the reason that every eatery in India will definitely have Veg noodles in their course list. So, whenever I go for a restaurant it is natural for me to order fried noodles.


During my visit to a grocery shop in KL, I found a noodles pack which said Vegetarian Mee (Mee in Malaysia means thick noodles as seen in the pics below, vermicelli noodles are called Bihun and they are thin). I became curious and eventually purchased it for making veg noodles. It is such an easy dish to make since it just needs a bit of stir frying the vegetables and adding some soy sauce and pepper powder. I kept the recipe as simple as possible so that I can save my time. This recipe looks very close to the rice vermicelli noodles I posted before. Alright, lets check out the recipe.

Time to make: total 30 minutes - Serves 2 (plus my son, may consider 0.5)

Ingredients: 
Veg noodles: 5 nos. I used 5 of the noodles showed in the picture for 2 of us and my boy
Vegetables - you can add in carrots, cabbage, onion, garlic, capsicum, spring onion of your choice
Soya Sauce - 2 tbsp
pepper powder - 1 tsp
Salt - required quantity
oil - 1 tbsp



How to do:
1. Cut the vegetables lengthwise or as per your wish. On the side, boil water and add the noodles. You may add in a few drops of oil in the water so that the noodles don't stick to each other. Follow the instructions on your noodle pack to cook the noodles. Once it gets boiled well, drain the water and let it run through cold water. Keep it aside.
2. Put oil in the kadai and add the onions and garlic. Saute it till the onion turns golden brown.
3. Add the vegetables except cabbage in the kadai and mix it well. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes
4.  Add in the cabbage to the vegetables and toss it well. Let the vegetables retain their crunchiness for the noodles. Add in some salt depending on your taste.
5. Add in soya sauce and mix it well in high flame for 1-2 minutes. You may add more or less depending on your preference.
6. Next add in the pepper powder and mix it well for 1 minute.
7. Once everything is mixed well, add in the noodles and mix it well by tossing it in the kadai. 
8. Thats all, your Vegetable Noodles is ready. You may add some coriander leaves if you like it. You can also add some chopped Spring onion after you remove from heat.


Note: I dint add green chili in this preparation. You can add one green chili if you like it to be a bit spicy and adjust the pepper powder depending on your taste. You can also add some tomato sauce or chili sauce depending on your taste when you add the soya sauce. 


Serve hot! Enjoy the noodles with some Manchurian gravy! It looks colorful, doesn't it?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Spicy Odyssey's