Eggless Oats pancakes

I was introduced to Pancakes by my dear husband in Malaysia. The moment I tried the pancakes soaked in Maple syrup/Honey/Banana/chocolates/cream, I know this should be a definite try at home. However, I had an opinion that this must be difficult to try. Poor me, little did I know that this was the easiest of the lot!





This must definitely be a crowd pleaser because it is healthy and you do not need much of a work to do for this recipe. All you do is prop in the ingredients into the bowl and mix well. Just let it sit for 10 minutes and you can make your tasty pancakes instantly. Add some fruits and honey and your meal is done!



Servings: 3 persons (3 pancakes each)
Time to make: 30 minutes
Ingredients:
oats powder + all purpose flour - 1 cup=200g (oats 3/4 cup and all purpose flour 1/4 cup)
cinnamon powder - 1/8 tsp
olive oil - 1 tbsp
sugar- 1 tbsp
salt - a pinch
baking powder - 1/2 tbsp
vanilla essence - 1 tsp (optional but gives the nice taste for the pancakes - recommended)
milk - 1 cup


Recipe:
1. I am using quick cook oats in this recipe. Take your oats into a mixer and make it into a powder (more of a fine consistency). In this recipe, I am using 1/4th of the cup with All purpose flour. However, you can go ahead and do it with full oats powder as well.
2. Next add on your dry ingredients and give it a nice mix. Add on the Vanilla essence and Milk and slowly stir it. Make sure there are no big clumps and it comes to a pouring consistency as seen below.
3. Let it rest for 5-7 minutes.


4. Heat a non stick pan and pour one big scoop/ ladle of the batter. There is no need to add oil or butter since you have added some olive oil already. You do not have to spread it; let it sit and cook. You will start to see small bubbles erupting on the top side (as seen in the picture below). 
5. Flip over to the other side and let it cook till it turns golden brown. Your piping hot pancake is ready. I served it with some whipped cream, honey and bananas. I love this combination and it helps to indulge in some creamy experience one in a while!

Notes: In case you do not have olive oil, you can replace it with butter.


You can use maple syrup if you have the option of buying it in your place. Or add some chocolate chips to the batter for some chocolaty happiness! Go ahead, add on your ingredients and experiment a bit. I would add some mashed bananas if some of them are too ripe to eat. It adds a nice taste and natural sugary taste to the pancakes.


I tried making my first pancake recipe using all purpose flour and it tasted well. However, I was trying to make a healthier recipe at home and was thinking why not incorporate the oats in this pancake recipe. Hola! Here came the easy recipe of Oats Pancakes without egg.


Eggless Oats Pancakes with Bananas, Honey and Whipped Cream!
Enjoy your healthy pancake! :)

Comments

Popular Spicy Odyssey's