Project A-Z - I for Idol

I for Idol. 

Ram Sita
I was thinking to do some typical words for letter I. But then I realised I needed to take shots of my favourite idols in my house for the letter I. These idols were bought during our visit to Bali, Indonesia. And little did I know that Bali had a lot of Hindu Temples with some breathtaking views! The idols were beautifully carved and showed the inner beauty of each one of them. 

Look at those carvings! Isn't it mere beauty which is seen in these idols? Here is the Sita of Ramayan beside her husband, Lord Ram. Sita resembles purity at heart but strong in character.

Sita of Ramayan

Then comes Ram. In India, we have a saying that Husbands should be like Lord Rama. Rama was a devoted husband who always thought about Sita. 

Ram of Ramayan

A monochrome works much better to reveal their eternal togetherness. 

Bliss!

The last one is the Vishnu-Garuda Idol. My Pati(Husband) liked this one very much as we found it to be very different than the usual idols. Vishnu on Garuda Vahana(vehicle) as seen in Bali. So vibrant and empowering!

Vishnu on Garuda

Which one was your favourite?

Comments

Popular Spicy Odyssey's