Rice Vermicelli Noodles!

Whenever I go to a Chinese Vegetarian restaurant, I would mostly look out for their Curry soup noodles or their rice with Vegetables. The Curry soup noodles is quite famous in Malaysia and they have a lot of varieties to that - Laksa noodles, Curry Mee, to name a few. Recently I had the Vegetarian Curry noodles with Bihun (Rice Vermicelli as we call in Malaysia) instead of Mee. Ha, it still tasted good with Bihun.

I had a pack of Bihun at home and I usually do the Indian style Lemon Sevai or Coconut Sevai with this. This time I wanted to try it as we cook noodles. It looks like a Noodles but just that the Noodles is thin! I had to make it as a less spicy, less oily version since I had to give this to my 2 yr toddler as well. You can make the changes with the spices as you want. So, here I go with the recipe:

Time to Make: 10 mins for chopping vegetables and 15 mins to cook.
Ingredients
Rice Vermicelli or Sevai - 1.5 Cup
Vegetables (You can add Carrots/capsicum/onion/spring onion/cabbage) - 1 Cup
Soya Sauce - 1 Tbsp
Pepper Powder: 1/2 tbsp
Green Chillies: 1 (if require more spiceness)
Coriander leaves - required quantity
Tomato Sauce - 1Tbsp
Salt - required quantity
Oil - 1tbsp

How to do:
1. Boil the Rice Vermicelli in enough water as mentioned in the package directions. Drain the water and keep it aside. If you are using Sevai done at home, you can just boil it as you would normally do and keep it aside. (You may also use idiyappam to this as it has the almost the same thin noodles structure. I have not tried it myself, but it sounds good).
2. Put oil in a kadai and add the onions. Saute the onions till golden brown.
3. Add the Chilly if required and saute it for a few seconds.
4. Add the chopped vegetables to the kadai and saute them for 3-4 minutes. Make sure they remain crunchy and not become completely cooked in the heat. Add in a little salt so that the vegetables may absorb the salt in it during the saute. 
5. After that, add in the soya sauce to the vegetables and saute it in high flame for 1 minute. You may adjust the soya sauce depending on your taste. I like Soya Sauce so I dont mind adding in a few more drops.
6. Add in the Pepper powder to the mixture and mix it well. You may also add the tomato sauce at this stage and give it a good toss.
7. Finally, once everything is mixed and absorbed, add in the Rice vermicelli to the vegetables and toss them together. Let all the ingredients get mixed well during the toss. 
8. Add in the chopped coriander leaves to the Noodles. Tada, your rice vermicelli noodles is ready. 

Serve Hot! Enjoy the meal.

Comments

Popular Spicy Odyssey's